By your participation as a Caregiver on the Service, you represent and warrant that:
- You are legally authorized to work in the United States; and
- You have not been convicted of a felony or any criminal act.
To participate as a Caregiver on the Service, you agree:
- To accurately and fully complete the website registration and profile, including providing a recent headshot photograph.
- To provide authentic documentation required by federal law demonstrating that you are legally authorized to work in the United States to any Client wishing to employ you.
- To complete, sign, and upload a Form W-4 to be used by Tandem’s third-party vendor, HomeWork Solutions, in making payments to you.
- To provide the bank account information necessary for HomeWork Solutions to make direct deposits of all amounts due to you.
- To consent to and pay for a background check conducted by Checkr as a prerequisite to being allowed to post your profile on the website.
- To create an accurate profile on the Service, including listing any restrictions on work hours, location, working conditions, or type of work that you will accept.
- To provide and confirm your availability and schedule periodically.
- To promptly respond to prospective Clients after being notified of an offer to join a care plan.
- To immediately notify Client and CaregiversDirect of your inability to report to your shift for any reason by calling us at 1-800-377-3377.
- To notify Tandem within one (1) hour of resigning your position with any Client by calling us at 1-800-377-3377.
- Tandem is not an agency and is not your employer. Tandem will not make any efforts to place you or play any role in determining or negotiating the terms and conditions of any employment arrangement.
- To not represent to anyone that you are an employee of or employed by Tandem.
- Caregivers who hold credentials other than Home Health Aide (HHA) that may require the caregiver to work under the supervision of another licensed health care provider may not provide that level of service under the terms of your employment.
- Tandem will arrange for Caregivers to purchase background check reports through Checkr, Inc.
- Tandem will provide a GPS time tracking system using a third-party mobile app by which Caregiver can record work time, which Caregiver agrees to use on his/her mobile device.
- Tandem may collect GPS location information from your mobile device through a third-party mobile app to record the time worked with Clients and may provide such GPS-based time-keeping information to Clients with whom you have worked.
- Tandem will maintain time records for a period of at least three (3) years from the date of the last work performed. You should also keep timekeeping records for backup purposes.
- Tandem, through HomeWork Solutions, will process wages for the Caregiver on behalf of the Client and pay Caregiver on a bi-weekly basis and promptly upon the termination of your account on the Service in accordance with federal, state, and local requirements through direct deposit (ACH). Tandem, through HomeWork Solutions, will deduct from your agreed-upon compensation with Clients the amounts necessary to remit applicable federal, state and local income taxes, Social Security and Medicare taxes to the appropriate authorities.